Friday, July 23, 2010

The Weather

We can try but can never be sure of the weather
but the leaves will fall one day or the other
its like a truth, its like a writing on the wall
all I'm gonna make sure is that my tree doesn't fall

the things I didn't get
moments of regret
the tears that I shed
I just want to forget

'cause in front of me
is my life i can see
just waiting to be
hugged in my arms tightly

its real I know
but is hidden below
the light I want to see
is soaked up in me

there's a song I keep singing
there's a hope it keeps bringing
half filled or half empty
I just want to keep drinking

'cause we can try but can never be sure of the weather
but the leaves will fall one day or the other
its a truth, its like a writing on the wall
but we gotta make sure that our tree doesn't fall

2 comments: