Monday, March 7, 2011

Bitter Sweet Symphony

Walking down the lanes of my past
I heard voices calling my name
going round the memories so vast
I heard noises regretting in flame

Some sounds I couldn't hear
Some sounds I couldn't bear
Reminiscences of my life
Peeling layer after layer

The echo of our ego                 

gets trapped inside the heart
The voices wont go
as guilt tears it apart

Sigh of the pain,whispers of fear
Cry of the tears,never easy to hear
When down comes the rain in this lonely terrain
I miss the sounds of the friends once around


I knew you were plucking the strings
but I didn't know what tune was it
It's hard to express the joy it brings
when the candle of those moments are lit

the things I lied about    

the things I didn't tell
I had my reasons throughout
but was I supposed to compel

There was so much noise around
I couldn't hear my voice myself
We keep fighting with the crowd
But lose the battle with ourselves

To keep smiling in pain is not an easy art
you cant say a word
when you know it's all falling apart
but I wish someone had heard
the screams of a muted heart

As the time slipped away
the shadows grew longer
I was into the array
and the noises grew louder
It's like being on the road but having lost the way
but I did walk it through as I would do today

because the book of my past I'd now put aside
And I'm writing my future with a brand new vibe
The opus of life is not always bright

It's a bitter sweet symphony you gotta play it right!



4 comments:

  1. yes..you gotta play it right..
    u've poured ur heart out in this one..loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Swati: yeah I guess I have...Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wt to say !so many deep words!!put together by u deep!gr8!keep writing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the time slipped away...... Each word is meaningful... Why don't u write here now????

    ReplyDelete